cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Collen ...@hist.umn.edu>
Subject WebServiceProxy Hell
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 23:36:48 GMT
Agh!

I'm trying to wrap my head arounc WebServiceProxyGenerator (and
eventually XMLForms), and I'm having all sorts of problems. I'm trying
to post to a servlet which I *know* returns valid xml, along with the
<?xml version="1.0"?> header.   I couldn't get it working for the life
of me, so I prototyped a simple PHP script to take post/get vars, and
spit out XML:

<?php

    $mode = $HTTP_GET_VARS['Mode'];
    $keywords = $HTTP_GET_VARS['keywords'];

    header("Content-type: text/xml");

    print "<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>\n";
    print "<results>\n";
    print "\t<mode>$mode</mode>\n";
    print "\t<keywords>$keywords</keywords>\n";
    print "</results>\n";

?>

Alright, pretty simple.  Next I have my pipeline:

         <map:match pattern="testingtwo">
             <map:generate type="wsproxy"
src="http://host/testPost.php?Mode=keyword&amp;keyword=age+race+sex">
                 <map:parameter name="wsproxy-method" value="GET"/>
             </map:generate>
             <map:serialize type="xml"/>
         </map:match>

Alas, I get the following error after I access the pipeline:

  Cocoon 2 - Internal server error

*type* fatal

*message* _Error invoking remote service: java.io.IOException: Bad chunk
size: 58 _

*description* _org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error invoking
remote service: java.io.IOException: Bad chunk size: 58 :
java.io.IOException: Bad chunk size: 58 _

*sender* org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

*source* Cocoon servlet

*stack-trace
*

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error invoking remote service: java.io.IOException:
Bad chunk size: 58 : java.io.IOException: Bad chunk size: 58
	at org.apache.cocoon.generation.WebServiceProxyGenerator.fetch(WebServiceProxyGenerator.java:278)
	at org.apache.cocoon.generation.WebServiceProxyGenerator.generate(WebServiceProxyGenerator.java:172)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:515)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:204)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:486)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(SerializeNode.java:149)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:83)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:162)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:153)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:150)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:326)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:308)

*<snip/>
*

*
*The weird thing is when I reload the pipeline in my browser, I get a
slightly different error:

*message* _Error invoking remote service:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpRecoverableException: Error in parsing
the status line from the response: unable to find line starting with
"HTTP/"_

*description* _org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error invoking
remote service: org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpRecoverableException:
Error in parsing the status line from the response: unable to find line
starting with "HTTP/":
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpRecoverableException: Error in parsing
the status line from the response: unable to find line starting with "HTTP/"
_

_
_I am getting the exact same behavior when I try to connect the wsproxy
to a servlet that takes Post:

         <map:match pattern="testing">
             <map:generate type="wsproxy" label="xml"
src="http://host:8080/servlets/DevServlet?Mode=keyword&amp;keywords=age+race+sex">
                 <map:parameter name="wsproxy-method" value="POST"/>
             </map:generate>
             <map:serialize type="xml"/>
         </map:match>

I hate to complain about the documentation, since I'm trying to help out
with it :)  I'm eventually going to work my way up to using XMLForms,
but I need to get the basis working correctly first.   Can anyone give
me some pointers on how to get this working?

Thanks! ;)

Tony

*
*