cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Piotr Legiecki <piot...@sci.pam.szczecin.pl>
Subject Re: R: Difference between cocoon: and file:// in map:part
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:35:41 GMT
Luca Morandini wrote:
> Piotr,
>
> the "cocoon:" pseudo-protocol doesn't search for files, but for pipelines.
>
> With this pseudo-protocol you can build pipelines and call them (more or
> less as subroutines) from any aggregation.

I see. So when I want to separate navigation and content (having
menu.xml and books.xml) and join them using aggregate, *but* use
different xsl files for them I can write something like this:

   <map:pipeline>
       <map:match pattern="">
          <map:aggregate element="site">
            <map:part src="cocoon:/menu.xml"/>
            <map:part src="cocoon:/books.xml"/>
          </map:aggregate>
          <map:transform src="styles/menuandbook2html.xsl"/>
          <map:serialize/>
       </map:match>
   </map:pipeline>

   <map:pipeline>
       <map:match pattern="menu.xml">
         <map:read src="content/menu.xml"/>
         <map:transform src="styles/menu.xsl"/>
         <map:serialize/>
       </map:match>
   </map:pipeline>

   <map:pipeline>
       <map:match pattern="books.xml">
         <map:read src="content/books.xml"/>
         <map:transform src="styles/books.xsl"/>
         <map:serialize/>
       </map:match>
   </map:pipeline>

Right? Hm. I'm not sure about it. What happens when line
<map:part src="cocoon:/menu.xml"/>
is executed? Cocoon jumps directly to pipeline which matches the
pattern, makes something there (ie *map:read* (or should I use
map:generate?) source xml, *transform* using xsl, *serialize* (is this
neccessery here?)) and returns to second map:part.

So the joined parts are not xml files anymore but html files?  So I
can't use
  <map:transform src="styles/menuandbook2html.xsl"/>
on them anymore and I can't also use
  <map:serialize/>

Is it the right way to use aggregate or I have simply missused this feature?

And when use separate <map:pipeline> for matches and when to group this
matches under one <map:pipeline>? I know it looks like completely
another question;-)

Regards
Piotr Legiecki