cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Damian Chojna <d.cho...@adv.pl>
Subject Re: Authorisation in Cocoon 2.0.3
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 08:38:01 GMT

Matthew Langham wrote:

>My idea was to use an action to do this check, like the auth-protect except
>that this action would set some parameters indicating which resource the
>pipeline should use.
><<
>
>Use the auth-protect action. This action returns a map of values to the
>sitemap processing.
>Inside the Action use the parameterSelector. And then test against
>"{../role}".
>

Thanks Matthew! That's some functionality that I didn't know existed. Is 
there documentation somewhere
that describes this behaviour of the sunRise actions?

>
>Here is an example fragment that does something similar - except it tests
>the "{../id}".
>
>	<map:match pattern="sunspotdemo-portlets">
>		<map:generate type="portal"/>
>		<map:select type="parameter">
>		   <map:parameter name="parameter-selector-test" value="{../ID}"/>
>			<map:when test="guest">
>			  <map:transform src="styles/portalHTML-tab.xsl">
>                                           <map:parameter
>name="use-request-parameters" value="true"/>
>                                        </map:transform>
>			</map:when>
>			<map:when test="gast">
>			  <map:transform src="styles/portalHTML-tab.xsl">
>                                           <map:parameter
>name="use-request-parameters" value="true"/>
>                                        </map:transform>
>			</map:when>
>			<map:otherwise>
>			  <map:transform src="styles/portalHTML.xsl">
>                                          <map:parameter
>name="use-request-parameters" value="true"/>
>                                        </map:transform>
>			</map:otherwise>
>		</map:select>
><<
>
>That's it. No programming needed :-)
>
>Matthew
>
>
>--
>Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
>=================================================================
>Matthew Langham, S&N AG, Klingenderstrasse 5, D-33100 Paderborn
>Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de
>-----------------------------------------------------------------
>Cocoon book:
>  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735712352/needacake-20
>Weblog:
>  http://radio.weblogs.com/0103021/
>=================================================================
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Damian Chojna [mailto:d.chojna@adv.pl]
>Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 3:44 PM
>To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Authorisation in Cocoon 2.0.3
>
>
>Matthew Langham wrote:
>
>>What is stopping you from using the authentication as provided?
>>
>
>As far as I've been able to discover, the sunRise solution (in 2.0.3)
>doesn't supply a mechanism for restricting resources by user role.
>All that it does is check that the user has successfully logged in.
>I need a way to control which resources are available to certain users
>based on their role.
>
>My idea was to use an action to do this check, like the auth-protect except
>that this action would set some parameters indicating which resource the
>pipeline should use.
>
>I'm new to cocoon and the way things are done under it so I'm very open
>to any
>and suggestions.
>
>Damian
>
>>
>>Oh and if someone knows of a better (and easier) way of doing
>>authorisation in 2.0.3 I'm keen on hearing about it, eventhough I want
>>to try my action method first.
>><<
>>Perhaps you could detail what is missing from the provided solution?
>>
>>Matthew
>>
>>--
>>Open Source Group Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
>>=================================================================
>>Matthew Langham, S&N AG, Klingenderstrasse 5, D-33100 Paderborn
>>Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de
>>-----------------------------------------------------------------
>>Cocoon book:
>>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735712352/needacake-20
>>Weblog:
>>http://radio.weblogs.com/0103021/
>>=================================================================
>>
>>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Damian Chojna [mailto:d.chojna@adv.pl]
>>Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 3:24 PM
>>To: cocoon-users
>>Subject: Authorisation in Cocoon 2.0.3
>>
>>
>>Hi All,
>>I'm trying to write my own action to handle user authorisation. I'm
>>using sunRise for user authentication and need a way to get at the <ID>
>>and <role> values for the current session from within an action (a Java
>>class). I know I need a reference to the sunRise context, but don't
>>know how to get it. Once I have that reference, how do I use it? Can
>>someone point me in the right direction?
>>
>>Oh and if someone knows of a better (and easier) way of doing
>>authorisation in 2.0.3 I'm keen on hearing about it, eventhough I want
>>to try my action method first.
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>Damian.
>>
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
>>FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/index.html>
>>
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
>>For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>
>>
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
>>FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/index.html>
>>
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
>>For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>
>>




---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question  has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting.     <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/index.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:     <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:   <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message