cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: HTML Tidy question
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:09:06 GMT
On Monday 25 November 2002 14:00, Anna Afonchenko wrote:
> Sorry for being stupid, but I've been to this page before, and I still
> don't understand how can I improve HTMLGenerator to allow more
> Tidy options to be set.
>. . .

No problem in asking!

For this you'd need to change the source code of the HTMLGenerator class so
that it takes more options from its configuration and passes them to the
JTidy component that it uses. If successful, you can then contribute these
HTMLGenerator patches to the Cocoon project.

This requires Java skills and the ability to compile Cocoon from the CVS code.

To get a feel for how hard this is, you can have a look at the HTMLGenerator
source code at:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/HTMLGenerator.java?rev=1.19&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

The generate() method contains most or all of the interface with JTidy.

-Bertrand