cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kjetil Kjernsmo <kje...@kjernsmo.net>
Subject Re: URL Theory & Best Practices
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 22:42:49 GMT
On Saturday 09 November 2002 23:41, Antonio A. Gallardo Rivera wrote:
> The true is that I wrote. If you dont believe me, I recommend you to
> check the archive of this mailing list. This was not my fault. Not
> only I found this error many other people had the same problem with
> IE 6.0 SP1. I fighted with generation of PDF the content for a day
> after I realize that the extension must be .pdf or it will not work!
>
> This is why I told you about the fine theory and the cruel reality.
> :-D

Uh-oh.... I'm catching some bad vibs... Can someone do me a favour of
going to http://www.kjernsmo.net/ with IE6 and see what happens?

The mainpage isn't a big thing, it is pure XHTML, but per the XHTML 1.0
spec, it is served as text/html, but it is using simple Apache content
negotation to set that. So, I've got this bad feeling that IE is going
to ignore the content-type header and just list it as raw XML with no
stylesheet, because that is what would be a logical consequence of what
you write. But I can't for the life of me understand how it can be
standards-compliant...

Best,

Kjetil
--