cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ivelin Ivanov" <ive...@apache.org>
Subject Re: session timeout and XML Forms
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 06:41:39 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: michael_hampel@sonynetservices.com
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 11:52 AM
Subject: session timeout and XML Forms

Hello,

   i have the following problem:

   I set my session timeout in the web.xml to 1 minute (only to try),
   but as soon as I am in my registration flow I am never loosing
   the session.
   I am using XML Forms with <map:parameter name="xmlform-scope"
value="session" />
   If I change the scope to "request" the session times out after one
minute, but not
   if its set to "session".
   Is there always a new session crated in the session scope

[Ivelin] Yes, the framework will automatically create a new session if one
is not available, along with a new data model instance.
This behaviour is similar to Struts' implementation.

 or is it using its own session?
   Do I have to set the timeout then  differently?

   Thanx again for any help,

   miHam