cocoon-users mailing list archives

From cumming...@netscape.net (Steven Cummings)
Subject RE: need example of accessing request attributes in the sitemap
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:48:34 GMT
Phil,

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but the request action exposes these three
attributes:
  {context}     servlet's context path
  {requestURI}  the request URI without parameters
  {requestQuery}  the query string, "?name=value&name2=value2..."
Additionally, if you give the parameter "parameters" with a value of "true", you get ALL of
the request paramters. Example:

<map:match pattern="*">
  <map:act type="request">
    <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>

    <!-- Now do what you want with the parameters... -->
    <map:generate src="{my_page_name}"/>
  </map:act>
</map:match>

I recommend you get a copy of "Cocoon: Building XML Applications". That's basically what you
can use to look up all of these types of details in short order with good explanations.

/S

pwcml@blackbearsolutions.com wrote:

>Can anyone provide a working sample of accessing any request attributes in the
>sitemap?
>
>Thanks,
>Phil

Steven Cummings