cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ray Martin" <raymar...@aci-hq.com>
Subject RE: File upload with Cocoon
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:40:49 GMT
Sir,

Someone pointed out to me that Cocoon handles file uploading for you.  I was
rather skeptical - but, i just tried it and it works.

On client machine, i used a browser and my form with an
enctype="multipart/form-data", an HTML INPUT tag of type file, and an HTML
INPUT of type submit.

Of course, your pipeline "answers" the match for handling the form.
And guess what, the file is sitting on my server at c:\program files\apache
group\tomcat 4.1\work\standalone\localhost\cocoon\cocoon-files\upload-dir.

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL THING.

But, ya know, it is just like i tell the folks that i work with - "You may
have done the greatest things, but unless you can tell others (written)
about what you have done - you have done nothing".

Having found the hidden gem, my next step is to take the form data and place
it into an email body and attach the uploaded file to the email and send it
on its way.

It is gonna take me longer to find out how to do it than what it will take
for me to actually do it.

good luck, Sir,

Ray