cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Pavel Ivanov" <piva...@cboss.ru>
Subject Re: Cocoon@Oracle 9iAS/Linux
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 06:13:17 GMT
Lenya,

Certainly, you aren't guru :). Of course all libraries already are in
WEB-INF/lib ...

You should read my post more carefull.

Pavel

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lenya L. Khachaturov" <lenya@chemsell.yaroslavl.ru>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: Cocoon@Oracle 9iAS/Linux

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 10:00:46AM +0300, Pavel Ivanov wrote:
> > Hi there!
> >

> Hi Pavel,
>
> I'm not an OC4J guru :-) but won't putting the libraries for each
> application into it's own WEB-INF/lib help? I mean, do not keep
> xerces/xalan in Tomcat's lib directory.
>
> > Question for Linux and OC4J gurus:
> > There is a following problem. We have installed Oracle 9iAS (release 2)
on
> > top of Red Hat Linux
> > (kernel 2.4.7). We have our app, which uses Cocoon 2.02 as framework.
> > Everything worked fine
> > while we were using:
> > 1) Various Tomcats/Catalinas
> > 2) JBOSS with and w/o Catalina
> > 3) OC4J (aka Oracle 9iAS containers) for Windows
> > 4) Weblogic 5.1, 6.1, 7.0
> > Now we can't handle Cocoon start to work. Problem is known: conflict of
> > XML/XSL parsers (xalan/xerces.jar)
> > Trace is following:
> > ==============
> > org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: SAX2 driver class
> > org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found:
> > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.setup(ServerPagesGenerator
> > .java:204)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractEventPipeline.setupPipeline(Ab
> > stractEventPipeline.java:202)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.setup(CachingEven
> > tPipeline.java:278)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.generateKey(Cachi
> > ngEventPipeline.java:141)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingS
> > treamPipeline.java:317)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(Seri
> > alizeNode.java:153)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> > keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:109)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SelectNode.invoke(SelectN
> > ode.java:136)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> > keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:109)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ContainerNode.invoke(ContainerNod
> > e.java:70)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallNode.invoke(CallNode.
> > java:122)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> > keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:85)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
> > e(PreparableMatchNode.java:156)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> > keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:109)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
> > ineNode.java:140)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> > keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:109)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
> > linesNode.java:144)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
> > or.java:328)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
> > or.java:293)
> >  at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:575)
> >  at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:999)
> >  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:336)
> >  at

com.evermind.server.http.ResourceFilterChain.doFilter(ResourceFilterChain.ja
> > va:59)
> >  at oracle.security.jazn.oc4j.JAZNFilter.doFilter(JAZNFilter.java:283)
> >  at

com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestDispa
> > tcher.java:523)
> >  at

com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(ServletReq
> > uestDispatcher.java:269)
> >  at

com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(HttpRequestHandle
> > r.java:735)
> >  at

com.evermind.server.http.AJPRequestHandler.run(AJPRequestHandler.java:151)
> >  at com.evermind.util.ThreadPoolThread.run(ThreadPoolThread.java:64)
> > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
> >  at

org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(XMLReaderFactory.java:1
> > 18)
> >  at

org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(XMLReaderFactory.java:9
> > 6)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.generate
> > Code(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:377)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generat
> > eResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:370)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createR
> > esource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:333)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
> [...]
> > va:59)
> >  at oracle.security.jazn.oc4j.JAZNFilter.doFilter(JAZNFilter.java:283)
> >  at

com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestDispa
> > tcher.java:523)
> >  at

com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(ServletReq
> > uestDispatcher.java:269)
> >  at

com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(HttpRequestHandle
> > r.java:735)
> >  at

com.evermind.server.http.AJPRequestHandler.run(AJPRequestHandler.java:151)
> >  at com.evermind.util.ThreadPoolThread.run(ThreadPoolThread.java:64)
> > ==============
> >
> > Typical solution would be slight changes in startup script like:

java -Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=org.apache.xalan.processor.Tra

nsformerFactoryImpl -Dorg.xml.sax.driver=oracle.xml.parser.v2.SAXParser -jar
> > oc4j.jar
> > 2) java -Xbootclasspath/a:xerces.jar;xalan.jar -jar oc4j.jar
> >
> > Unfortunately it's unusefull in case of Oracle 9iAS with Linux, because
> > there is no startup script. Oracle 9iAS uses Apache HTTP server, which
> > starts as
> > HTTP daemon, other tasks (servlet/JSP containers) starts manually using
GUI