cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Fatal error - how to test database connection?
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:31:34 GMT
I get the following fatal error when trying to load a sub-sitemap:

FATAL_E (2002-10-29) 16:32.18:484   [cocoon  ] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/JdbcConnectionPool:
Excalibur could not create any connections.  Examine your settings to
make sure they are correct.
Make sure you can connect with the same settings on your machine.

As far as I can tell I have set up the MySQL database permissions and
cocoon.xconf  file properly (i.e. in the same way as my other
projects...):

    <jdbc name="sbwq">
      <pool-controller min="5" max="50"/>
      <auto-commit>true</auto-commit>
      <dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/sbwq</dburl>
      <user>username</user>
      <password>password</password>
    </jdbc>

Does any one have a simple test file that I can use to "connect with
the same settings" outside of Cocoon so I can try and pin down the
source of the error?

Thanks
Derek