cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robert Ellis Parrott <parr...@fas.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Cocoon task scheduler
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:34:20 GMT

How about cron and a python script, which executes a localhost HTTP query?
Python has very good support for HTTP.

I'm not convinced that Cocoon needs such a beast, when so much mature
functionality is available at the OS level.

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm writing application with Cocoon which include Cocoon portal, authentication, etc..
> All you need when you use an application server.
>
> But I think about a functionnality which would be very useful on a app server: a scheduler
(like the Cron in Unix).

> So my question is: what the solution with Cocoon if I want to automate and execute tasks
without a HTTP request (for example to execute a task every sunday at 12 o'clock)??