cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robert Ellis Parrott <parr...@fas.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Reports PDF
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 19:12:33 GMT

Look into the ESQL stuff, into using the Database Actions, or into using
the SQL Transformer.

You take a static XML file that describes an SQL query on a database, use
the SQL Transformer to convert this to a table of responses in XML, then
use a stylesheet to make it look however you want.

The Cocoon book by Langham & Carsten has a whole chapter that does this
stuff.

This should be fairly straightforward, and there are many ways of pulling
the data from the database into an XML stream.

rob