cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Slide with Cocoon 2
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:42:24 GMT

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On Wednesday, Oct 30, 2002, at 17:06 Europe/London, Stephan Michels
> wrote:
>

> >> Currently the form param that holds the 'method' to be used in the
> >> MultiAction is called 'method', is this not a reserved param name for
> >> request? ie. it would always return the HTTP method?
> >
> > The problem was name of the input module.. I used {request:bla}
> > instead of
> > {request-param:bla}. So the example should work now.
> >
> > Have fun, Stephan Michels.
>
> Dear Stephan,
>
> Many thanks for fixing this!
> I can log in now, create a collection and upload files!
>
> But I am even more confused now ;)
>
> 'Off the Shelf' slide.xconf is set up to use the FileContentStore to
> store content in $CATALINA_HOME/contentstore (as I understand it), but
> I never see any files or folders there ..... then when I restart
> TomCat, log back into cocoon/samples/slide an I have nothing in the
> repository. :-}

Thats the problem of the MemoryDescriptorsStore, it holds the information
in the memory, and it's gone then you shutdown tomcat.

So you uncomment the XMLDescriptorStore and change the scope, which I
currently use.

And then you change the parameter
<parameter name="version">false</parameter>
to true, you should have versioned documents.

> What I am hoping to achieve is to have a file store that can be:
>
> a)	Accessed for file editing via WebDAV, using normal desktop apps like
> TurboXML or XMLMind, hopefully with versioning.

I don't have any experiences with XMLMind etc, but it works with MS
Explorer and Cadaver.

> b) Served from the store by my Cocoon pipelines for normal users to
> view the site
>
> c) Managed via your samples/slide interface
>
> Am I on the right track here?

Sure.

> I promise to write a 'How-to' on this if I can make this work!
> But I am a bit of a newbie to webDAV so I might need some help ;)

That sound good ;-)