cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Edge" <michael.e...@db.com>
Subject Re: cocoon-users Digest 25 Oct 2002 14:33:49 -0000 Issue 1662
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:40:41 GMT

Why would it be a bad design, Chris? My understanding of ESQL is that it exists specifically
for the purpose of extracting data from a database and formatting it as XML. What benefit
is there to having a SELECT in an action, besides having people such as yourself consider
it a good design.

Regards

Michael

----- Message from Christian Haul <haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> on Fri, 25
Oct 2002 13:13:56 +0200 -----

      To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

 Subject: Re: Throwing an Exception
          within ESQL

On 25.Oct.2002 -- 10:42 AM, Michael Edge wrote:

> Hi
>
> In the XSP snippet below I'd like to throw an exception from within <esql:no-results>.
My questions are: how do I do this and will the exception be caught by the <map:handle-errors>
section of the sitemap?

If you really want, you could throw an exception as you like. I think
it should be a processing exception.

However, you should really consider to do the select in an action, for
example the existing database or modular database actions.

I would cosider your request as extremely bad design.

             Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de