cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Reyes" <seyer_drah...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon Portal Layout
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:56:59 GMT
Thanks Bert I have already read all the urls you've given me.
I have successfully implemented the Authentication, now I'm trying to
do the portal and authorization ( Roles ).
And its sure is that Im gonna read the portal documentations some more.

Although I still would want to know were those frameset codes are?
Its not on the xml, not on the xsl... Are they being generated by Cocoon?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bert Van Kets" <bert@vankets.com>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: Cocoon Portal Layout

I have kept the sizing and position of the frames, so I have not tried this
before.
Technically speaking it should not make a difference how your frames are
set up, as long as they are there.  Although I don't see why you would not
be able to
get rid of the admin-header frame though.

Your question has more to do with HTML than with Cocoon or the portal-fw.
;-)  The portal is not that difficult, once you get the hang of it.  Make
sure you have read all the WebApps docs at
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/developing/webapps/index.html.  If you have
read them, read them again!
If you have done this, read the following articles:
http://ziegeler.bei.t-online.de/c2auth.html
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/07/24/xmlportal.html
http://www.need-a-cake.com/stories/2002/02/28/usingTheSunriseComponents.html

Watch out for the xmlns uris they are different in Cocoon 2.0.3 and Cocoon
2.1.  Verify the config.xconf and sitemap.xmap files you are using!  The
principle remains the same, only the components have moved.

HTH,
Bert