cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Luca Morandini" <luca.morandi...@tin.it>
Subject RE: embedding html in xml ?
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 12:33:22 GMT
Lorenzo,

quoting from the "XSLT 1.0 - W3C Recommendation 16 November 1999":

"The xsl:value-of element is instantiated to create a text node in the result tree. The required
select attribute is an expression;
this expression is evaluated and the resulting object is converted to a string as if by a
call to the string function."

Therefore, every tag in the "select" expression is deleted, only the text remains: try converting,
say, "aaa <p>test</p> bbb" with
and without the "disable-output-escaping", the result will always be "aaa test bbb".

Think of "xsl:value-of" as an flattener of XML elements :)

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org