cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Writing a custom transformer
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:32:43 GMT
> From: simo kauranen [mailto:slkauranen@yahoo.com]
>
> Hi,
>
> Maybe I'm a little dumb but I can't figure out from
> the source codes how I should write my own
> transformer. Several questions remain:
>
> Which functions should a transformer implement?

Transformer is an implementation of a SAX ContentHandler and inherits all
the methods like: startDocument(), startElement(), ..., endElement(),
endDocument(). (For the complete list see SAX2 specification or the
AbstractSAXTrasnformer).

You decide depending on the task you want to solve with your transformer
which ones to override to get the needed result.

The rest of the methods that usually are present, like: configure(),
setup(), recycle(), dispose() are lifecycle interfaces implementations from
Avalon. See http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon for details.

Konstantin