cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Markdela...@aol.com
Subject Re: [Q] Pipeline best practices
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:59:57 GMT
To be honest, I circumvented this whole issue by having as few pipelines as possible.

Basically I use action or event id's that point to metadata files.  The metadata files have
all the information how to build a portal page,  I then use WSUI (wsui.org) files to describe
each of the portlets.

So really I only have one pipeline for the portal (external pipeline), one for the portlets
(internal pipeline), and some external pipelines to handle gifs, jpegs, css, and js.

the sitemap has the additional authentication actions as well as some locale actions so it's
a little more compicated than what I described above...

So basically I match on a metadata id (using the request parameter matcher), rather than match
URL's as I take it that most people do.  For that matter I not really matching as my wildcard
is really * and instead I'm using a request parameter action.  If not found show a 404 message.

So my sitemap is probably a 100-150 total lines even though it's serving up 500-600 dynamic
pages composed of approximately 700 or so portlets.  so it's quite lean and mean.

MD