cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Damian Chojna <d.cho...@adv.pl>
Subject Re: Authorisation in Cocoon 2.0.3
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:43:34 GMT
Matthew Langham wrote:

> What is stopping you from using the authentication as provided?

As far as I've been able to discover, the sunRise solution (in 2.0.3)
doesn't supply a mechanism for restricting resources by user role.
All that it does is check that the user has successfully logged in.
I need a way to control which resources are available to certain users
based on their role.

My idea was to use an action to do this check, like the auth-protect except
that this action would set some parameters indicating which resource the
pipeline should use.

I'm new to cocoon and the way things are done under it so I'm very open
to any
and suggestions.

Damian