cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mohamed El-Refaey <m.ref...@imkenberg.de>
Subject Re: xmlform and build
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 02:02:49 GMT
Hi Sylvain

the following snippet is from the WizardAction in the cocoon XMLForm Sample

public Map perform (){

    // get the actual model which this Form encapsulates
    // and apply additional buziness logic to the model
    UserBean  jBean = (UserBean) getForm().getModel();
    jBean.incrementCount();

    if ( getCommand().equals( CMD_NEXT ) &&
      getForm().getViolations () != null )
    {
      // errors, back to the same page
      return page( getFormView() );
    }
    else{
      getForm().clearViolations();
      String command = getCommand();

      String formView = getFormView();

      if ( formView.equals ( VIEW_USERID ) ) {
        if ( command.equals( CMD_NEXT ) ){
          return page( VIEW_DEPLOYMENT );
        }
      }
      else if ( formView.equals ( VIEW_DEPLOYMENT ) ){
        if ( command.equals( CMD_NEXT ) ){
          return page( VIEW_SYSTEM );
        }
        else if( command.equals( CMD_PREV ) )
          return page( VIEW_USERID );
      }
      else if ( formView.equals ( VIEW_SYSTEM ) ){
        if ( command.equals( CMD_NEXT ) ){
          return page(  VIEW_CONFIRM );
        }
        else if( command.equals( CMD_PREV ) )
          return page( VIEW_DEPLOYMENT );
      }
      else if ( formView.equals ( VIEW_CONFIRM ) )
      {
        if ( command.equals( CMD_NEXT ) ){

----->     here u can call ur Businees method that insert this data into
DB for e.g :
----->    call the method :
*        submitData(jBean);*
          Form.remove( getObjectModel(), getFormId() );
          return page( VIEW_END );
        }
        else if( command.equals( CMD_PREV ) )
          return page( VIEW_SYSTEM );
      }
    }
    return page( VIEW_START );

  }

------> so u can implement this method in the SAME Action

private void *submitData(UserBean b**ean)*{
        if u want for e.g input the user data into DB:
        String fName = *b**ean*.getFirstName();
        String lastName = *b**ean.*getLastName();
        String age = *b**ean*.getAge();
        String email =  *b**ean*.getEmail();

        then now u have the data entered by the User
        so u can map or insert these data in whatever mapping tool u
have and then this tool will do the rest as I think.
        (In my case I use EJB here to insert these data into DB but In
OJB  I don't know how it is implemented)
    }

BTW: u can find this action code in the cocoon source distribution  in
the pacjage :  org.apache.cocoon.samples.xmlform
I wish this clarify ur needs

Thanx
Mohamed

Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com wrote:

>Thank you Mohamed.
>
>I don't use EJB but I use an RDBMS-object mapping tool named OJB.
>
>I haven't enough know-how in XMLForm to apply easily what you said.
>Have you a short example to demonstrate it?
>
>Thank you
>Sylvain

in ur Action after u get ur   model Bean:
>DataBean  jBean = (DataBean) getForm().getModel();
>
>u can extract the entered data from this bean,  and sned it in any way[Collection data
type or whatever u accept the user data] along with a VO(value-object) to be entered into
DB by the aid of EJB Class that take this VO and perform the Insert query or whatever the
command u need to do with DB

>I think this is a breif answer but I wish it give u the way
>
>Thanx
>Mohamed
>
>Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com wrote:
>

>Yes it will help me, thank you Mohamed.
>

>Do you know how to extend this sample to write data you entered in persistence storage
(database)?

>Sylvain

build ... webapp to have a new cocoon.war.

>Is it possible to compile only the new java files and add the .class directly in the Tomcat
webapps directory (without using the .war). And when you want the up-to-date .war, you make
the command jar .... ??