cocoon-users mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: cocoon- vs. tomcat-authentication ???
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:19:06 GMT
Hy, matthew;

Thanks for the very clear and understandable answer.
For me that would lead to follwing roadmap:

1.) I drop the tomcat authentication completely.
2.) I set up the cocoon authentication let's say
    with an LDAP based user database.
    By this i protect pipelines instead of
    files and directories.
3.) As a benefit i get a basic administration
    front end for my LDAP-user databse "just for free" .

I'll check this. If that works, i don't see, why i should
keep on using the tomcat Realms. ;-)

thanks a lot.
regards, hussayn

--