cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: FOP in cocoon
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:54:27 GMT
Przybilla, Frank wrote:
> But that was not the case for the infinite loop
> in cocoon. Now I have the following debug message:
>
> 2002-10-22 11:44:11 DEBUG   (2002-10-22) 11:44.11:762   [fop     ]
> (/cocoon/JAVA.Report_Screen_PDF) HttpProcessor[9080][3]/MessageHandler: area
> contents overflows area (thousands of entries in the tomcat log file)

This means you have a word or some other unbreakable string
which is wider than the cell width it is placed in. Enable
hyphenation, or insert zero width spaces into the long word.

> What I don't understand is the fact that whole thing works using the same
> fop.jar with the same xalan-, and xerces-version outside of cocoon.

Cocoon runs in a servlet container which might have its own ideas
on which parser to use. You might want to upgrade the parser in the
servlet container's lib directory as well.

J.Pietschmann