cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ilya A. Kriveshko" <i...@kaon.com>
Subject Re: File generator problem (fetch from an URI)
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 12:40:57 GMT
Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com wrote:

>Should I modify the tomcat.bat?
>I would prefer to modify the startup.bat! But what is the command in this case?
>
>I have also tried to add a "CATALINA_OPTS" environment variable with the value "-Dhttp.proxyHost=http://proxy.blabla.com
-Dhttp.proxyPort=8080" but that doesn't work. Maybe a proxy access problem?!?

I missed the beginning of this post, but let me give it a try:

1) I don't believe you should specify the protocol when specifying the
proxy host. The protocol is implied by the property that you are
setting: http.proxyHost. So, try using -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy.blabla.com
(drop the 'http://' part).

2) If you are using Tomcat >4, use CATALINA_OPTS environment variable,
if you are using Tomcat 3.x, use TOMCAT_OPTS. One of them should work
for you.

Sorry if that was obvious.
--
Ilya