cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kjetil Kjernsmo <kje...@kjernsmo.net>
Subject Re: Build All fails on latest CVS Snapshot
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:42:21 GMT
On Monday 21 October 2002 18:50, Antonio Gallardo Rivera wrote:
> I am happy that I am not alone in this ;)

Heh, I was also seeing this... I have had lots of problems, so I just
deleted everything I had and started from scratch again. Weirdly, it
built fine when I had -Dinstall.war=$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps in the build
command, but then I figured I should let it go to my $COCOON_HOME,
which is $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon. Then, it wouldn't go... :-( But I
just noticed that I had forgotten the "install" at the end of the
build.sh line, and when I added that, it worked! :-) Funny, isn't it?

> 3-Another recommendation is (thanks to Torsten Curdt):
>
> "/xml-cocoon2/src/blocks/databases/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/
>language/markup/xsp/EsqlConnection.java You will see the @JDBC3_START@
> and @JDBC3_END@ markers. They are used by the build system to
> uncomment the necessary implementations depending on the JVM version.
> So I guess the transition into the database block broke this
> mechanism."

Well, I, for one, didn't understand too much of this, so if you care to
elaborate, it might help somebody who is as clueless as I am. :-)

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo