cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo Rivera <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject [C 2.1 CVS] - About roles in user Authentication
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 00:42:55 GMT
I have configured the User Authentication sucessfully. I saw that there is a
"role" field. Is this value a must field?

I made my own path building tables in a database for users, object and
permission. The permissions are for example:

Admin users, admin lists, create new data, etc.

Then I saw that there are some roles and some people are talking about the
role importance and a way to create new roles. But it is not clear the way to
use it. How it can make our life a little easier.

I think I know how to use it, but it looks to me like a initial draft of a big
work in the future. This is how I see to the roles at the current level in
the CVS. May be I am wrong and I hope tha I am ;).

Is there a example of how to use the roles and the more advanced features of
the authentication Manager like ?

Can someone explain what is the importance of the role and how to use it? How
to interact with roles and the other features of the Authentication manager
tha can make our lifes better?

Thanks in advance,

Antonio Gallardo Rivera.