cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Cocoon and hsqldb
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:25:39 GMT
On Monday 14 October 2002 11:18, Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com wrote:
>. . .
> Has someone tried to connect Cocoon to a Microsoft SQL Server database?
> I'm looking for a database URL connection example.
>. . .

If you're courageous you can use the JDBC-ODBC bridge for this, but last time
I checked it was fairly limited and funky (or do they have native JDBC now?).
I don't have an URL handy but you should find it in the JDBC-ODBC samples.

I've also used www.inetsoftware.de's excellent (commercial) drivers for MS
SQL, you'd then use a JDBC URL like:

  jdbc:inetdae:your_server:1433?database=your_db

A nice utility to test these URLs and JDBC drivers is DBVisualizer,
http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/info.html

Hope this helps.
-Bertrand