cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alex Romayev <roma...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: SunShine-InsertTransformer: encoding problem
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 11:12:13 GMT
--- Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@s-und-n.de> wrote:

> Alex Romayev wrote:
> > > This is currently hard coded into the
> transformer(!)
> > > which
> > > means you can't do anything against it...
> > > The InsertTransformer has been merged with the
> > > SourceWritingTransformer
> > > in 2.1-dev - the SourceWritingTransformer can be
> > > configured
> > > to what encoding should be used.
> >
> > I did a quick search for "ISO-8859-1" in source
> files
> > and nothing related to InsertTransformer came up.
> Is
> > there a workaround you could suggest until 2.1
> comes
> > out?  By the way, is there a rough timeline for
> this
> > release?
> >
> It's not directly in the transformer. The
> transformer uses
> a component called ResourceConnector and this does
> the
> saving. The connector uses

org.apache.cocoon.xml.XMLUtils.defaultSerializeToXMLFormat
> to serialize the XML and there you will find this
> setting.
>
> A rough time line for 2.1 is end of this year, I
> guess
> +/- 1 or 2 months...
>
> > The namespaces in content/news.xml.  By the way,
> I've
> > raised this problem with SourceWriting transformer
> as
> > well and haven't seen it in the recent bug-list
> > e-mail.  I'm just thinking that if the two got
> merged,
> > the problem might still be there.
> >
> Can you give a complete test case for this? (Sitemap
> snippet plus the two xml files) - If you can provide
> this I will try to find the bug as soon as I have
> time.
>
> Carsten

Sure, here is the sitemap:

<map:match pattern="admin/add-news">
  <map:act type="sunShine-session"/>
  <map:generate
src="resources/sunshine/admin/add-news-item.xml"/>
  <map:transform type="sunShine"/>
  <map:transform type="sunShineInsert"/>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

And I've attached the two files (slightly simplified).

Cheers,
-Alex