cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: dbAdd Action help.
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 07:09:25 GMT
On 07.Oct.2002 -- 11:32 PM, Antonio Gallardo Rivera wrote:
> Thanks for the help!
>
> I found that in dbAddAction, we must to supply into the descriptor like "key"
> all the values that cannot be null! This is not describen into the
> documentation.

I'm not sure I understand right, but the <key/> tags need to list all
the columns that make up the primary key (or any candidate
key). Obviously, columns contained in the primary key may not be null.

> I as not able to check my problem, because the FormValidatorAction tell that
> all the valuse was there. But as I can see, it looks like the dbAddAction
> make two database operations, first insert the fileds with "key" tags and
> after make an update of the register. I think this is not admisible. Because
> you can have some not-null values that you cannot insert in the first insert
> with only the key.

No, this is not correct. The DatabaseActions insert a row in one go
and all operations in one transaction.

I assume you are running a recent CVS snapshot?

If so, please note that the name of some modules have been changed and
that the compiled in default is rendered useless. There should be a
warning in your logs indicating this. Please add a
the
action declaration to restore the old behaviour.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de