cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sonny Sukumar <ssuku...@EcologyFund.net>
Subject Re: Stuck on Hello World, with non-FAQ Problem
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 21:54:14 GMT

Sure, here's a quick copy and paste of $COCOON_HOME (same thing as $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon):

cocoon.xconf.moved   i18n         resources     sitemap.xmap.bak  tutorial
docs                 logicsheets  samples       stylesheets       WEB-INF
documentation        META-INF     search        sub               welcome
helloworld2html.xsl  mount        sitebuilder   sunspotdemo
helloworld.xml       protected    sitemap.xmap  templates

The problem *is* a Cocoon problem.  The Tomcat servlet engine works just fine and Cocoon runs
on it, but I can't get this Hello World example to work.  I also don't understand why the
other Cocoon pages still come up after I deleted ALL the other stuff inside the <map:pipelines>
tag other than my <map:pipeline> for the Hello World example that generates from helloworld.xml,
transforms with helloworld2html.xsl and serializes the output.

Does it make sense now?  If I need to clarify anything at all or paste some things from my
first email, please let me know and I will gladly do so.

Thanks again,

Sonny
--- Steven Noels <stevenn@outerthought.org> wrote:
>Sonny Sukumar wrote:
>
> > If anyone can help me out with my original Hello World question, I
> > would REALLY appreciate it..I want to get this to work sooo much.
>
>I have trouble understanding your problem, too. Could you give us a
>dirlisting of $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon - assuming you have deployed
>Cocoon over there?
>
>The error message you get is a Tomcat one, I guess, so maybe the Cocoon
>context isn't properly set up.
>
></Steven>
>--
>Steven Noels                            http://outerthought.org/
>Outerthought - Open Source, Java & XML Competence Support Center
>stevenn@outerthought.org                      stevenn@apache.org

Conserve wilderness with a click (free!) and get your own EcologyFund.net email (free!) at
http://www.ecologyfund.com.