cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Green <jer...@glowbead.com>
Subject xsltc w/ 2.0.3
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:44:57 GMT
Hello,

>From browsing the list it looks like it is possible to get xsltc working
with Cocoon 2.0.3, and I was hoping someone could provide me with just a
bit more information.

I've followed the instructions given here:
http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=XSLTC

My question really boils down to this:  Which jars do I need to have in
my WEB-INF/lib directory to make this work correctly?  Do I need to
upgrade to new versions of some of the other jars? (Xalan, xerces,
etc...)

I'm using Cocoon 2.0.3 with the JBoss-2.4.4_Tomcat-4.0.1-beta bundle.

I've tried a variety of things and nothing seems to work.  Currently I
have xsltc-20020723.jar in there, and I get the following Exception back
in my browser.

An error occurred org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException Exception in
creating Transform Handler org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
Exception in creating Transform Handler: java.lang.NullPointerException
Original exception : java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformerHandler(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:640)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandler(XSLTProcessorImpl.java:282)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandler(XSLTProcessorImpl.java:239)
at org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.setup(TraxTransformer.java:298) at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractEventPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractEventPipeline.java:215)
at

The jboss log contains this error:
[13:22:34,925,Default] java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.Param
[13:22:34,925,Default] 	at
org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.SymbolTable.addVariable(SymbolTable.java:120)
[13:22:34,926,Default]
[13:22:34,926,Default] 	at
org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.Variable.parseContents(Variable.java:141)
[13:22:34,926,Default]
[13:22:34,926,Default] 	at
org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.Stylesheet.parseOwnChildren(Stylesheet.java:412)
[13:22:34,926,Default]
[13:22:34,926,Default] 	at
org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.Stylesheet.parseContents(Stylesheet.java:394)
[13:22:34,926,Default]
[13:22:34,926,Default] 	at
org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.Import.parseContents(Import.java:143)
[13:22:34,926,Default]

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy