cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Timothy Larson" <Tdlar...@ci.canton.oh.us>
Subject How to create db conn in action to use in esql or sql?
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:36:09 GMT
I need to create a database connection,
do some security checks,
and set a user role
before I have rights to run queries against the database.

I made an action to do all of the setup, but I do not know how
to make xsp/esql or xsl/sql use the established connection.

Any ideas how to make esql or sql use a previously created
database connection?  Unless there is a trick, I do not think
I can use connection pools for this, because the security
checks and role setting has to be done per user.

If I find a solution, I will share it with the list.

Tim