cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nicholas Hemley" <Nicholas.Hem...@lhb.scot.nhs.uk>
Subject Multiple views with Cocoon sunRise?
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:18:13 GMT
Hello

I am investigating the possibility of offering multiple views to information for users of
a portal. I had imagined that this would involve some kind of 'guest cookie' being set on
the user's machine that holds the level at which the user would like to see the information
(i.e. beginner, intermediate, expert). Then, the server side processing can choose the XML
fragment and process with the XSL stylesheet, etc.

Can I do this with the user authentication framework in Cocoon (aka sunRise?) More specifically,
am I able to redirect new users to a page so that they are able to choose the level at which
they can view the site?

Many thanks for any pointers to this problem.

Regards,
Nic Hemley

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally privileged and is
intended for the addressee only,

If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator
immediately.

The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.