cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Shawn_McMa...@Concentra.com
Subject Re: Sitemap not compiling
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:51:19 GMT

Thanks for the help on Stylus Studio, Babs.

I still have not had a successful compile since I upgraded to 2.0.3,
whether reverting back to 2.0.2 (or .1).

My project is like this:
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/myproject
I copied the Cocoon WEB-INF directory and put it into ~/myproject.
I modified the web.xml file with

<init-param>
      <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>
      <param-value>
            D:\tomcat\common\lib\xalan.jar;
            D:\tomcat\common\lib\xerces.jar;
            D:\tomcat\common\lib\xml-apis.jar;
            D:\tomcat\common\lib\batik-all-1.5b1.jar;
            D:\tomcat\common\lib\jasper-compiler.jar
      </param-value>
</init-param>

and verified that all of the jars were in place.
I created the sitemap from scratch without the "main" Cocoon as reference.
I define my
components
      generators
      transformers
      readers
      serializers
      matchers

then
pipelines
      pipeline
            match(es)
      pipeline
            match(es)

I verified that the xml was syntactically correct.

Any other ideas?

Shawn

                      "Barbara Post"

                      <babs33@ifrance.c        To:       cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

                      om>                      cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Sitemap not compiling

                      09/13/2002 10:56

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      cocoon-users

Hi Shawn, to check syntax of a document without validating it with a schema
or DTD, click on the little <...><...> blue icon, at the left up corner of
the open document. It will tell if a tag is missing and jump to this line.
You may look several lines above, up to the parent in fact.

Another tip to save time :

In Tools/Options/XSLT Editor/External XSLT, indicate the path of you xalan
jar. Assuming the JDK path is correct in the JVM section above. Then you
have "create scenario", you can choose xalan processor, and set an xml file
to process, and even post-process with FOP. This is useful for debugging
your xsl development, and use xalan as well as in cocoon.

HTH,

Babs