cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Watson" <c.wat...@zen.co.uk>
Subject Cocoon 2.0.3 Tomcat 4.1.10 sub sitemap problem - failed sitemap 'inheritance' - anyone seen this and have any ideas?
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:07:54 GMT
Hello

I'm having problems with a sub-sitemap

I'm on 2.0.3 release. It works on tomcat 4.0.1 and 4.0.4 but doesn't with
4.1.10 or 4.1.12

The example subsitemap http://10.1.1.2:8080/cocoon203/sub/ shows the same
problem.
It's a problem of sitemap 'inheritance' as far as I can tell.

The error I get from the example URL above is as follows ..

: Type 'wildcard' is not defined for 'match' at
file:/F:/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/cocoon203/sub/sitemap.xmap:21:26

True, the wildcard matcher component is not declared in the subsitemap, but
used to 'inherit' it from the 'root' sitemap
at file:/F:/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/cocoon203/sitemap.xmap in the above
example.

If I declare the lost wildcard matcher component in the subsitemap then it
works, or at least, I get the next error caused by the failed 'inheritance'

So I guess I have a workaround in declaring everything in the subsitemap,
but this kind of defeats the object !?

I've just done a clean install on tomcat 4.0.1 (works) and 4.1.10 (doesn't)
to check my sanity on this!
It's weird that the version of Tomcat should create this different
behaviour.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Christopher