cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: == Database driven website with Cocoon ==
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:32:03 GMT
Jerome,

Here a suggestion without knowing Leigh Dodds' tutorial ...

I would write an action that puts the path as a variable into the sitemap.

<map:pipeline>
	<map:match pattern="blabla">
		<map:act type="your-action">
			<map:generate src="{your-path}"/>
			<map:serialize/>
		</map:act>
	</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

Your action has to return a map with the key "your-path" and the value.

Regards,
Reinhard

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerome Iffrig [mailto:jerome.iffrig@anitesystems.de]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 12:24 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: == Database driven website with Cocoon ==

Hi all,

I went trough Leigh Dodds’ “Database driven website” tutorial (very
interesting) and I have now a question on a slightly different architecture:

My content is NOT stored within a database – Only the PATHs to the content
is stored therein –
I cannot figure out (and this for a couple of weeks now) how to build a
transformers chain for them to to lookup for the PATH of the XML docs
(document content) and of the XSL (styles to be applied to the different
contents) within the database and then fetch both files on the filesystem
for then generate the final HTML document from this.

Any opinion welcome !

Thanks