cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Giuseppe Bonelli" <giuseppe.bone...@tiscali.it>
Subject RE: XMLHTTP and cocoon
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:21:00 GMT
Here are a few snippets i use to exchange xml data from a client side js and cocoon2.

My scenario is: the client browser save an xml file on the server using the source write transformer.

If you need to echo the file back to the browser, just serialize it again, eventually after
another transformation.

Hope this helps

--peppo

The client side js snippet:

			{
			reqxml=the-xml-you-want-to-transfer-to-cocoon
			xmlhttp.open("POST", baseurl, false);
			xmlhttp.send(reqxml);
			var resxml=xmlhttp.responseXML;
			//alert(resxml.xml);
			if (!reqxml.documentElement) {
					alert("could not parse:\n\n"+xmlhttp.responseText);
					return null;
			}

	  // C2 error handling
	try {
					//check the response status
					var buf=resxml.documentElement;
					//alert(buf.childNodes.item(0).getAttribute("result"));
					if (buf.childNodes.item(0).getAttribute("result") != "success") {
						var errmsg = resxml.documentElement.text;
						if (!ignoreErrors) alert("Non e stato possibile salvare sul server il file.\n\n Il server
ha risposto: "+errmsg);
						return null;
					}
					else {
						var fname=resxml.documentElement.childNodes.item(0).getAttribute("src");
						var pos=fname.indexOf('xdocs/');
						fname=fname.slice(pos+6,fname.length-18);
						alert("Una nuova versione del file '"+fname+".xml' e stata salvata con successo sul
server\n\nBuona continuazione!");
					}
				} catch (e) {
					if (!ignoreErrors) alert("Server returned an error, but was not understood by the editor.\n\n");
					return null;
				}
},

in the sitemap:

      <map:match pattern="save">
        <map:generate type="stream"/>
        <map:transform type="write-source"/>
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
      </map:match>

NB: the error handling is done on the basis of the xml generated by the source write transformer
used in the sitemap. See the docs for details.