cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Per Kreipke" <...@onclave.com>
Subject [Q] Form posting sitemap pattern...
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 20:47:08 GMT
I can't quite figure out what the right way is to use actions to handle
posting when there is an originating page, the form itself, a validator and
an action.

Scenario:

- The user has a page which displays a collection of items of some sort
(books).
  + page: books.xyz

- clicking 'new' on the books page brings up a form for entering a new
book's details
  + page: newbook.xyz

- posting the book's details should validate the book's details (must have a
title)
  + validator action: ValidateBook.java

- Code adds the book to the book repository
  + add action: AddBook.java

Flows:

books.xyz -> [new book] -> newbook.xyz -> [post]
	-> ValidateBook -> [ok] -> AddBook -> books.xyz

books.xyz -> [new book] -> newbook.xyz -> [post]
	-> ValidateBook -> [fail] -> newbook.xyz

Details:

- to implement both flows above, I can't figure out what:
  + the 'action' target of the POST should be: books.xyz again, newbook.xyz?
  + what matcher to put the validate and add actions on

Any help would be appreciated. A pointer to or an actual sample sitemap
snippet would be great.

FYI, I'm not using XMLForm and I'm using 2.0.3

Per