cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Per Kreipke" <...@onclave.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic XML Content to Generator
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 02:34:02 GMT
> Why not generate XML in an Action? If not, how would you pass the
> business data generated from an Action to a Generator?  What I did was
> create a Generator that took as its source the XML document and that
> worked fine.  In this manner, the Action was used as a business
> delegate, obtaining information from a variety of sources and composing
> it into an XML document which I passed to a generator that accepted XML
> documents versus files to XML documents.

Using the ServerPagesAction allows you do this very easily and cleanly. Its
default behavior is to return 'success' from any existing XSP and put the
generated content in a request attribute of your choosing. From there, it
can be gotten from your generator (I personally then end up using it back in
XSP again).

Per