cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Astor Rivera <ariv...@esri.com>
Subject RE: JSP Server Page
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:43:12 GMT
You know, when I installed the same configuration it did the same thing.
But what I did was shutdown Tomcat and restarted it.
It then worked.

-Astor

-----Original Message-----
From: Sushil Bhattarai [mailto:sushilb@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 12:01 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: JSP Server Page

Ok, I got Cocoon 2.0.3 but I cannot get it to work. As far as documentation
is concerned, with Tomcat 4.0.1 there aren't any configuration required.
Like it said, I dropped cocoon.war in webapps directory. I'm getting sitemap
compilation error when trying to access Cocoon. I'm using jdk1.3.1. Does
that make any difference ?? Also which is the best place to check Cocoon
log. Neither cocoon/web-inf/log nor Catalina/log seem very helpful

Sushil

>From: Lajos Moczar
>To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
>Subject: Re: JSP Server Page
>Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:58:25 -0600
>
>Again, that's because you are using 2.0.2. JSPGenerator & JSPReader
>are BROKEN in 2.0.2. Upgrade to 2.0.3 or search the mail archives
>for the patches I posted for these files in 2.0.2
>
>Lajos
>

>Sushil Bhattarai wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>Like you suggested I put jasper-compiler.jar in WEB-INF/lib. The
>>source already starts with "/" in the sitemap. Still I'm not able
>>to run the sample link properly. The JSP Reader sample
>>(welcome.htm) returns a blank page without any error and the JSP
>>Generator sample (hello.jsp) throws out error
>>
>>java.lang.IllegalStateException
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.connector.HttpResponseFacade.sendError(HttpResponseFac
ade.java:159)
>> at
>>org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1003)
>> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applicati
onFilterChain.java:247)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilter
Chain.java:193)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.
java:243)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java
:566)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472
)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.
java:201)
> [...]
)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2344)

>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:1
64)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java
:566)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValv
e.java:170)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java
:564)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:1
70)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java
:564)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:462)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java
:564)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472
)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.ja
va:163)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java
:566)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472
)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.jav
a:1011)
>> at
>>org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:11
06)

>>Any suggestions ???
>>
>>Sushil
>>
>> >From: Piroumian Konstantin

>> >To: "'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'"
>>
>> >Subject: RE: JSP Server Page
>>
>> >Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:21:36 +0400
>>

>> >You need jasper-compiler.jar (jasper.jar won't help). And you
>>should use
>>
>> >paths starting with '/' as source for the JSPGenerator and

  _____

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: Click
<http://g.msn.com/1HM1ENUS/c144??PS=47575> Here