cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jerry Fowler <jfow...@xeotron.com>
Subject help on rolling my own XSL
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:31:54 GMT
Gentlefolk:

I'm using the off-the-shelf Cocoon 2.0.3. I'm trying to roll my own xsp
logicsheet, with an error result that I hope someone will recognize
instantly:

The constructed file, results_test_xsp.java, contains empty package
line, and an empty class declaration, as follows:

------------------------------------
     package ;
     /**
      * Generated by XSP. Edit at your own risk, :-)
      */
     public class  extends XSPGenerator {
------------------------------------

My keen nose and the Java parser tell me that the program generator
should have inserted a package name and a class name in order to make
this code mean anything. My grateful salute to anyone who can say off
the top of the head why the generator chose to shortchange me.

Below I provide the relevant portions of my xsp and my logicsheet if
the clue above does not immediately ring a bell. I believe I have
faithfully followed the guidelines on
/cocoon/documents/userdocs/xsp/logicsheet.html, to wit,

File results-test.xsp:
--------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?xml-logicsheet href="file:///tmp/xeosql.xsl"?>

<xsp:page xmlns:xsl="http://apache.org/xsl"
           xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
           xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"
	  xmlns:xeosql="http://xeotron.com/cocoon/SQL/v1">
   <document>
	  <xsl:call-template name="xeosql:execute-query">
		<xsl:param name="tabletitle" select="'Results'" />
	  </xsl:call-template>
   </document>
</xsp:page>
--------------------------------------

File xeosql.xsl:
--------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
   xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
   xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"
   xmlns:xeosql="http://xeotron.com/cocoon/SQL/v1"
   xmlns:xspdoc="http://apache.org/cocoon/XSPDoc/v1"

<xspdoc:desc> Deliver data directly from an AIDIF </xspdoc:desc>
<xsl:param name="XSP-ENVIRONMENT"/>
<xsl:param name="XSP-VERSION"/>
<xsl:param name="filename"/>
<xsl:param name="language"/>

<xsl:variable name="environment">Cocoon 2</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="xsp-namespace-uri">http://apache.org/xsp</xsl:variable>

<xsl:variable name="prefix">xeosql</xsl:variable>

<xsl:template match="xsp:page">
   <xsp:page>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
     <xsp:structure>
       <xsp:include>...</xsp:include>
     </xsp:structure>

     <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </xsp:page>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="xeosql:execute-query">

<xsl:param name="tabletitle" select="'Results'" />

<xsp:logic>
</xsp:logic>

</xsl:template>

<!--
	Allows initialization code to be executed exactly once.
   -->
<xsl:template match="xsp:page/*[not(self::xsp:*)]">
   <xsl:copy>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
   <xsp:logic>
     // This code ends up inside populateDocument() before any user code
   </xsp:logic>
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>