cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dag Nygaard ...@objectnet.no>
Subject Re: Combining Cocoon and Struts
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:49:57 GMT

Barbara Post wrote:

> Hi Dag ! Does your Struts work standalone without Cocoon's part ? if not,
> you have to check correctness of your sample webapp.
Yes.
As I wrote, I believe the problem is in Cocoon releasing it's control to
Struts, but I can't figure out how.

> I studied Struts before Cocoon, and you can dig for info there :
> www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@xml.apache.org.
I have attempted this...

> You also can read this document :
> http://stealthis.athensgroup.com/presentations/Model_Layer_Framework/Struts_
> Whitepaper.pdf
Allright paper, but I need primarily help in the setup...

> Struts is fun but I am not sure whether using it with Cocoon is a good
> idea... You may study in-depth each of the frameworks, as I did (but in
> French...) and do some comparison tables.
I would have prefered a Cocoon-only environment, but for "political"
reasons, we have to try a combination first. Previous poster has also
described such a pipeline without describing the setup, and we want to
see if there is a gain in the combination.

> Hoping I am not too wrong,
>
> Babs

Dag