cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Deploying Cocoon via Ant
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:23:53 GMT
I'm trying to setup a development environment for Cocoon applications
based on Ant. I'd like to use the Ant "deploy" target to deploy an
application, once it's been built, to a remote server, using Tomcat's
manager interface (using Tomcat 4.1.10).

Deployment succeeds and the application runs ... until I try to hit an
XSP page. This is the exception I get:

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
login_xsp:
Line 14, column 23:  cannot access class InputSource; file
org/xml/sax/InputSource.class not found
Line 15, column 23:  cannot access class SAXException; file
org/xml/sax/SAXException.class not found
Line 16, column 31:  cannot access class AttributesImpl; file
org/xml/sax/helpers/AttributesImpl.class not found

... and so on for lots of classes.

I have noticed the following: when a webapp is deployed this way, Tomcat
does not unpack the war file. Cocoon's work directory is however created
under $TOMCAT_HOME/work.

Maybe this is a FAQ, but currently xml.apache.org seems to be
unreachable from here.

	Ugo