cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Using J2EE datasources
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:53:50 GMT
JohnsBrn@netscape.net wrote:
> Are you sure you have a valid datasource in Tomcat? Looks like it's having trouble creating
a connection. I noticed
> <value>oracl.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</value>
> contains a type-o. Shouldn't it be oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver instead of oracl with
no e?

The error is just a typo due to cut&paste. The name of the class is
correct in the server.xml file. But yes, it looks like Tomcat has
troubles creating a connection, even though all it reports in his logs
is the following:

DBCP DataSource configured without a 'username'

which I can't figure out because I sure have a username in the
datasource configuration.

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it