cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Forward POST request data in a sitemap redirect?
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:45:27 GMT
gv wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've been able to easily forward GET request data via
>sitemap redirect by using {requestQuery}, but I can't
>figure out how to redirect and forward POST data. The
>following is what I've tried, to no avail:
>
>    (HTML form sends POST request to 'testfrom',
>below)
>
>    <!-- FROM -->
>    <map:match pattern="testfrom">
>      <map:act type="request">
>        <map:parameter name="parameters"
>value="true"/>
>        <map:redirect-to session="true" uri="testto"/>

This send respond to the browser with status 302 and *no* parameters.
Browser then will request http://..../testto with *no* parameters
because *none* was given.

Pls refer to http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt for more information.

PS You could decorate testto with request parameters you desire, but be
aware that POST data could be bigger than GET (== browser performing
GET) can handle.

Vadim