cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: XML streaming, pipeline parallelizing
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:54:34 GMT
Johann Romefort wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To reformulate my last question in a more cocoon fashion, how can I
> fire parrallel "generator" steps
> in my pipeline and is it possible to stream ( both transforming and
> serializing) the results to generate
> HTML.

... and the result will be mix of tags from all different sources? I
fear even if it could be possible it would make no sense.

You can do whatever you want to do (multiple threads pulling resources)
in your custom action/generator. First thread corresponding to the first
part can start generation right away, but results from all other threads
has to be buffered (say, in a DOM tree) till first part is complete. Or,
you can start pulling parts simultaneously, and output the results in
the order as they arrive.

 From coding perspective, ContentAggregator.java is a good start for
your custom generator.

Vadim