cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vaskin Kissoyan <vkisso...@lokion.com>
Subject Re: german umlaut!
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 21:39:30 GMT
Check TOMCAT / CATALINA / APP Server settings: for example:

CATALINA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=ISO8859_1

I'm not sure if this over-rides the settings, I would assume the xml
file or more specific config should over-ride, but you might want to
check what your App Server is configured /defaulted to.

J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Wolle wrote:
>
>> as soon as i try to get an output as txt-file (e.g. on a web-browser or
>> saving the content in a file) the german umlaut produced by the ue/oe
>> keys
>> are produced wrong (e.g. ue as A1/4). but all encodings in the xml/xsl
>> file are correct. even the settings of the webbrowser are correct.
>>
>> the aim is to produce a proper text-output for latex.
>>
>> is the text-ouput of cocoon broken?
>>
> No. It is probably outputting UTF-8. I think you can choose the
> output encoding for the text serializer, check the default, and
> try to get the encoding you need (like ISO-8859-1).
>
> J.Pietschmann

Vaskin Kissoyan
Lokion Interactive
vkissoyan@lokion.com