cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vaskin Kissoyan <vkisso...@lokion.com>
Subject simple connection to MySQL
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:21:51 GMT
I've tried to follow the how-to's and tutorials on the net and in the
docs. Someone plase let me know what step I'm missing:

0)
* Built 2.0.3 with all the samples and libs, installed war file under
Tomcat 4.04, under JDK 1.4
* Built same tables with given sql file in mysql on a default install of
3.23.51 on same machine (localhost), database is cocoon

1) Dropped the zip file into appropriate place:
* tried both as zip and renamed to jar
* tried in server\lib and also cocoon\WEB-INF\lib

2) Added the following to cocoon.xconf inside <datasources/> under the
default built in element <jdbc name="personnel"/>
     <jdbc name="mypool">
      <pool-controller min="1" max="5"/>
      <dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost/cocoon</dburl>
      <user>root</user>
      <password/>
     </jdbc>

4) Added the load-class in cocoon's web.xml as follows
     <init-param>
       <param-name>load-class</param-name>
       <param-value>
         <!-- For IBM WebSphere:
         com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler -->

         <!-- For Database Driver: -->
         org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
	com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

         <!-- For parent ComponentManager sample:
         org.apache.cocoon.samples.parentcm.Configurator
         -->
       </param-value>
     </init-param>

4) Getting the following error:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not
get the datasource java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

When I try to pull up the ESQL sample

Any help would be appreciated.