cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Dr. Hans M. Rupp" <hans-michael.r...@danet.de>
Subject i18n transformer empty message element ignored?
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 07:46:04 GMT
Hallo!

Sometimes we need the behavior, that the i18n transformer replaces
something with nothing. Somehow this does not seem to work.
E.g: pre i18n:
i18n:key="Unit.NO_UNIT">NO_UNIT</i18n:text> (08:00 h)</td>
catalogue entry:
<message key="Unit.NO_UNIT"></message>
output:
NO NO_UNIT
When I replace the zero length string in the catalogue with bla the
output
is
NO bla
so the catalogue entry can be found.
A single space or more spaces as the element contents also seem to be
ignored.

Any ideas for a work-around or solution?

Many thanks,
Hans

Dr. Hans M. Rupp
danet Internet Solutions GmbH