cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "conrad.dcruz@netswirl.com" <conrad.dc...@netswirl.com>
Subject RE: JDK 1.3.1 is driving me MAD!
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:06:54 GMT
Roger,

Try moving the  jdbc driver/connector to the Tomcat/lib directory.
I had all kinds of database errors with Tomcat 4.0.4 and
Cocoon 2.0.3 with jdk1.3.1_02 on a RH Linux 7.x box.

I did a lot of moving of the driver around and mucked with
the config files.  Nothing scientific
just a lot of trial and error ... and it started working!!

Shortly after that I upgraded to JDK 1.4 and it is still
working.

Conrad

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Roger Ting rogermht@hotmail.com
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:54:28 +0000
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: JDK 1.3.1 is driving me MAD!

Have anyone got the prolem of using ESQL when using cocoon 2.0.3 and
Tomcat 4.0.4 and jdk 1.3.1 on unix solaris? i follow all the correct
instruction and cocoon just keep throwing me no suitable driver error.

I have put in the j connector jar file into WEB-INF/lib directory.
configure cocoon.xconf and web.xml.

The weird thing is i did the same thing on my pc except my jdk is jdk 1.4 .
It works perfectly okay. When i do it on a unix machine with jdk 1.3.1 it
throws no suitable driver error. I can't use jdk 1.4 on the unix server
because  it keep throwing java.lang.OutOfMemoryError error when i fire up
tomcat. As it is a share machine each user have limited memory. I asked
about this before Apparently, Tomcat is memory starved.

Is it a know issue that the setup of Solaris , jdk 1.3.1 or lower ,mysql,
cocoon 2.0.3 and Tomcat 4.0.4 doesn't work for ESQL? all the xsp is fine as
long we don't need to connect to mysql database.

Anyone?

http://mail2web.com/ .