cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gernot Koller <wrz...@yahoo.com>
Subject Is it a good idea to avoid the use of xsp ?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:49:13 GMT

Hi!

First, thanks for your very quick replies to my last question!

After quite some time discussing and evaluating we made a decision in favor of cocoon as presentation
framework. One major argument for cocoon and against struts was that in jsp a strict seperation
of logic (Java code) and presentation is not always encouraged. There was also fear that the
same issues might apply to xsp and therefore the decision was made to use cocoon but to avoid
the use of xsp.

I'm very new to cocoon and by now only have a very vague idea about xsp and issues that might
arise using xsp. So what do you think ? Is it a bad idea to use cocoon but not use xsp ? Is
it generally possible to compare jsp and xsp in that way? Or are these fears inappropiate?

thanks,

Gernot

--
DI Gernot Koller